Monday, 12 May 2014

Shake Shack burgers in London

A couple of days in London are well spent, especially where Shake Shack burgers are involved.


 photo shakeshackburger_zps11d449df.jpg


I had my first Shake Shack burger in New York some 3 or 4 years ago. I remember it well, and I hadn't touched a burger for about 8 years previously.

But my friend, Emma assured me that Shake Shack burgers were flipping incredible and of a much different class to the old burger we had become accustomed to in the UK.

Sure enough, one evening she dragged me to the little Shack Shack Burger cafe in Madison Square park. It looked so pretty, everybody sat outside on a spring evening, twinkling fairy lights over the tops of the tables attached to trees and a HUGE queue we had to wait in for ever. But it was sure worth the wait. And from the first bite my love affair with Shake Burgers was made.

Now, back in the UK, we didn't have Shake Shacks until recently. Last year one opened up in Covent Garden, so every once in a while, when I make the trip to London for business or pleasure, I make sure I make a stop by Shake Shack especially. I once travelled half way around london in the biggest traffic jam ever, just to get one!

So when I spent a fantastic couple of days in London last week I introduced my boyfriend, Matt to one. I don't think he believed me when I told him how good they were, but the silence as he munched his way through one said it all!

The crinkle chips are really flipping special too! (Especially dunked in some of their really nice tomato sauce.)